How to Use Chrome Remote Desktop
Roblox is a game that may be played on a Chromebook. You can play simulated games installed on a Windows device on your Chromebook using the Chrome Remote Desktop tool.
Let’s take a closer look at it because it’s a little confusing. You may “mirror” games from an external computer and play them on your Chromebook because Chromebooks aren’t designed for gaming.
You can use Chrome Remote Desktop App to access your Chromebook, files, and everything else from another computer. It also works the other way around — you may use your Chromebook to access another computer. Windows, Linux, or macOS can all be used on the external computer.
In order to play Roblox, you’ll need to connect your Chromebook to a Windows laptop or computer.
This method is a little more involved because Chrome Remote Access requires two devices: your Chromebook and an external computer. For both devices, you’ll need fast and dependable internet access.
Here’s how you can set up Chrome Remote Access on both of your devices:
- On your Chromebook and external computer or laptop, go to the Chrome Web Store and download the Chrome Remote Desktop programme.
- On both devices, download and install the Chrome Remote Desktop software.
- Keep in mind that both devices will require the Chrome Web Browser to function.
- Go to My Computers, then Get Started on your Chromebook.
- Select Enable remote connections from the drop-down menu.
- Then, on your external computer, enable Chrome Remote Host.
- To confirm your Google account, enter the PIN on your remote computer.
- The external computer can be found under “My Computers” on your Chromebook.
Here’s how to use Chrome Remote Access to play Roblox:
Open your Chrome browser and launch the Chrome Remote Desktop software on your Chromebook.
Select the computer where Roblox is installed from My Computers. Fill in the PIN code. While this is a clever idea, keep in mind that it is not without flaws. Chrome Remote Desktop allows you to control another computer from your Chromebook, but it comes with a number of drawbacks, including latency, frame rate, and bandwidth concerns.
Use a Chromebook to play Roblox Using the Linux operating system
It’s a little too complicated to play Roblox on a Chromebook with Linux OS, but it’s one of the most popular approaches to get the job done.
To run Roblox and other Windows applications, you must first install a separate operating system (Linux), then use either a virtual machine or WineHQ.
- Press the Esc + Refresh + Power buttons to restart your laptop.
- Enter Developer mode by pressing Ctrl + D.
- When prompted to turn off OS verification, press Enter.
- Wait until you see the Chrome OS welcome screen after the reboot is complete.
- Crouton may be used to install Linux Ubuntu on your Chromebook.
- For Virtual Machines, get the Roblox version that works with your operating system.
- To use WineHQ, first install the WineHQ software, then download the most recent version of Roblox for Windows. On WineHQ, run the Roblox “.exe” file.
If you encounter “Error code 267” when you first join Roblox, please see our tutorial How to Fix Error Code 267 in Roblox.
Use Crossover to play Roblox on a Chromebook
Crossover is a WINE-based compatibility layer that may be used to run Windows programmes on a Chromebook, such as Roblox. Check out our page on How to Run.exe Files on a Chromebook for more information on Crossover.
You can play Roblox on your Chromebook, albeit it’s not the easiest thing to do. (If you like Roblox, see our advice on how to install Fortnite on a Chromebook.)
To get Roblox up and running on your Chromebook, we’ve identified three Browserstack alternatives:
- Using the Google Play Store with a Desktop Remote Control
- Linux can be installed on your computer.
The first way is the simplest to implement if your Chromebook is Google Play compatible. If you don’t have Google Play installed on your Chromebook, try one of the other two options.